Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Beast 2 :Gynasaur 0

Day 1 complete.
Played the Old English Pub in Gananoque, ON. They feature an all craft tap line up a the bar and Darren, the owner, is pretty generous on beer with me.
It's a regular haunt for me throughout the year.
Had a good show, dancing, eating drinking what more do you want?
The tank tops have started to move. Which is great. There were only 30 printed....
This morning I' walked trail and stopped in Panache Bakery.
A great little place the last time I was in I bought an apple pie and ate more than half of it in the car like a sandwich.
I'm a health nut.
I reeled myself in and limited my self to only 2 turnovers.

We scooped our RV (Named The Beast) on Monday and out on Wednesday.
In that time Gina and I fought only twice... both over cleaning.
She is of the mind that when you move out of a place the whole house must be cleaned.
I am not.
I'm not saying leave it filthy. but empty it pick up the garbage and off you go.
She vacuumed everything even the unfinished cobwebby brick dusted basement.
washed out the fridge and oven wipe down the bathroom I even saw here vaccum at least one cupboard and the blinds.
This was mind bending to me especially since I knew they were renovating the bathroom and painting the walls when we left.
So after a bit of a row.
I'm cleaning the oven and fridge basically like this
I was Paul Rudd.

I think she got her Karmatic return yesterday one for the oven and one for the fridge.
While cleaning The Beast she some how wiped her face with a piece of glass. Sported a Nelly like bandaid on her face for a day.
Then while driving. There is a a really low ceiling above the front seats compared to the rest of the RV. So when you want to come sit in the drivers seat you duck down low and get in.

Gina, while I'm riving goes to the back, to get a jar of pickles, (she was craving chips, closest thing I guess) walked back to the seats, forgot to duck or didn't duck low enough and BANG falling straight back laying on the floor. I'm giggling trying to see if she's alright. Through here tears she yells "I'm Fine!", over the cassette player blaring recordings of me playing awful out of time bass riffs from my high school days.
That got shut off almost immediately.

*Side note our The Beast has a cassette player and I found high school recordings where I thought I was Les Claypool slapping and popping away at the bass. And another that is cover songs (where we don't know the words and odd interviews with my friend Jason.

Don't make The Crowe clean unnecessarily.

Baba's Lounge in Charlottetown is up next nMonday July 6th.
We'll be in Montreal for a comic convention on Friday.
I'm sure The Gynasaur will hurt herself again soon enough
and I'll tell you all about it.
There's a brewery in town, Gananoque Brewery or some such thing.
We'll stop in before we head out. Let you know if it's any good.

Peace out Homes!
www.neilcrowe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment