Total Pageviews

Friday, July 5, 2013

East Vs West Day 3 WabiGOOOOOOOON!

Not many people know of Wabigoon's existence.
But it's there an hour before Kenora.
Pappy's cafe the 1st official show of the tour.
I was set up in my rock star motel called Evening Star Motel
I was fed and on went the show.
It's a small cafe and they have locals that come to most of the shows. 
It was a good start small and intimate, I regaled them with tales of my life. 
Teased a 10 year old that sat front row and sold a handful of CD's. mixed in with the $10 door charge not a bad night. 
Before the show I downloaded a book called A Career In Music specifically for the CAnadian environment, apparently the first of it's kind. I started reading it before the show and it was beginning to make me feel bad like I haven't done all of this I should have done to prepare for this tour! What am I doing? So I put it down. Not the best thing to read before the 1st gig of the tour.

I've got to say I'm quite tired right now and am not in a blogging mood. 
I have some notes in my phone from yesterday that I forgot to put in yesterday's blog. 
So you can have that. 

Every time I look at a music mag and I start to read A Tribe Called... I get excited! 
Is A Tribe Called Quest Touring again?!? 
No. No they are not.
It's always A Tribe Called Red.
It saddens me to no end.

MC Hammer.
Yes, Mc Hammer.
He had a cartoon. It was playing soundless on a tv in a bar. I tried to follow what was going on.
Hammer hangs out with an old dude might be his dad or a future him. He moves he same way.
and Hammers shoes have eyes, I guess they are alive or magic.
Scene change
There are 3 villains a man dressed as a witch,  a round eye patched evil doctor, kind of like Dr Robotnik from the Sonic video Games, and an evil Fashionista. The worst of them all!
She was just a lady in a trendy business suit with glasses.
Scene change.
There are 2 boys in a building Hammer floats up to... rescue them? when he gets up in the building the 3 villains, (Man Witch, Evil Dr, and Fashionista) are crammed in a machine with a big boot swing from the bottom like a pendulum, they drive to the building and the boot starts kicking and knocking down or shaking the building and Hammer and the boys jump out of the window.
I look down to type up this amazing show and look up to see the Evil Fashionista walking Hammer into a jail cell and then his eyeball shoes now have a mouth and bite Hammers fingers.
I felt I may have missed something so I stopped watching.
The end for to night.

-Tired Crowe Crowe


Oh, what's that you want to creep me just a little more?
OK, follow me on TwitterFacebook, 
and buy the music on Bandcamp.
The event page for the tour is Here.


No comments:

Post a Comment